Monday, November 19, 2012

I want to kick this post off by advocating the use of what is quite possibly the best thing in the world. Adhesive sandpaper. I bought a couple of boxes off of Amazon for 14 bucks. 120 and 220 grit. Being able to apply it to various household things to make disposable files is great for shaping and sculpting. Hell, just stick a piece to your finger and go!
So today I unfortunately had to permanently disable the airsoft mechanism of this gun today in order to stand a chance and successfully casting copies. I filled in the mechanism toward the rear and also zip tied the trigger into a farther back position and filled the creases surrounding it as well. I then sanded them all down in order to finally prime the frame. 

And here we go. the cylinder hinge and frame have been primed. I am currently unsure of whether to prime the barrel, or cast it directly in order to best capture the engraving. I plan on traveling up to Reynolds AM in Burbank and consulting the pros!
A closeup of the cylinder hinge. I simply used a clamp on hold it in place while I painted it.
I also primed the charging lever of the Scattergun. I need to drill three holes in the trigger housing and glue on the trigger before I can paint that piece. I am also waiting on some styrene in order tt make the sights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment